Russia has announced the largest conscription of draftees in the past 14 years. The Center for Countering Disinformation (CPD ...
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday ordered the largest military conscription in Russia since 2011, signaling a ...
In a move that escalates tensions in the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, President Vladimir Putin has ordered the mobilization of an additional 160,000 Russian citizens to bolster ...
President Vladimir Putin has called up 160,000 men aged 18-30, Russia's highest number of conscripts since 2011, as the ...
More than 50,000 Russian troops have deserted and gone absent without leave since Russia widened its war on Ukraine three years ago, according to a new report from Ukrainian analysis group ...
Putin's mobilization order, ISW said, "may suffice to sustain the current levels of Russian military manpower in 2023 by offsetting Russian casualties, although even that is not yet clear." ...
Although Russian conscripts are typically not deployed in active combat, Moscow has relied on financial incentives and ...
Russia's largest military draft in 14 years sees 160,000 men called up as Putin plans a spring offensive on Ukraine. Despite ...
The decree says conscription applies to all citizens aged between 18 and 30 and covers the period from April to July.
Last month, while reporting for NHK on expatriate support for Russian minority communities subject to Vladimir Putin's mobilization order, I spoke with military and defense industry expert Pavel ...
The measure reaches “primarily those with combat experience and a military ... seek to flee Russia following Putin's televised message calling for a “partial mobilization” of his country.
sergeants and petty officers whose term of military service by conscription has expired,” it says. Interfax reported that the autumn mobilization drive in 2024 filled the Russian ranks with 133,000 ...